The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Seeks Expressions of Interest for
26,550 ABOA SF of Medical Office Space
This advertisement is a notice of a potential opportunity. This advertisement is not a solicitation for offers, nor is it a request for proposals. The purpose of this advertisement is to identify potential sources and suitable locations and is not intended to pre-qualify or disqualify any potential offers. The Government will not pay for any costs incurred as a result of this advertisement. The Government cannot provide any warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of contents of the furnished information found within this advertisement; Government is under no responsibility to respond to any inquiries under this advertisement. Respondents are advised that the Government assumes no responsibility to award a lease based upon responses to this advertisement.
Contracting Office Address
The Department of Veterans Affairs, RPO West/NCO 19 Contracting Office, 735 NE 13th Street, Suite 200, Oklahoma City, OK 73104
VA seeks to lease between 26,000- 26,800 ABOA of medical office space and the delineated area explained below for use as a Community Living Center. VA will only consider leased space located in an existing building.
Up to 20 years; 3 years firm with termination rights by 90 day written notice any time after the firm term.
To receive consideration, submitted properties must be located within the following area described below, which is bound by the following roads, or must front on any of the following boundary lines:
North: Hwy 47
South: Hwy 50
East: Hwy 47
West: Bonforte Blvd.
(1) Offered space must be located on no more than two floors. If the offered space is located on the 2nd floor, a minimum of 2 passenger elevators and 1 combination (passenger/freight) elevator must be provided. The building must be able to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and meet certain security requirements as set forth in the Interagency Security Committee Standards and Best Practices (Interagency Security Committee Standards and Best Practices) and be able to comply with recommendations established for Federal facilities by the Department of Justice, Vulnerability Assessment, dated June 28, 1995 (Federal facilities by the Department of Justice, Vulnerability Assessment).
(2) Bifurcated sites, inclusive of parking, are not permissible.
(3) The following space configurations will not be considered: Space with atriums or other areas interrupting contiguous space, extremely long or narrow runs of space (more than twice as long as wide), irregularly shaped space configurations or other unusual building features adversely affecting usage.
(4) Column size cannot exceed two (2) feet square and space between columns and/or walls cannot be less than twenty (20 ) feet.
(5) Offered space cannot be in the FEMA 100-year flood plain.
(6) Offered space must be zoned to allow for medical office use.
(7) Offered space will not be considered if located in close proximity to property with incompatible uses, including but not limited to the following uses: liquor establishments, treatment centers, correctional facilities, where firearms are sold/discharged, railroad tracks, or within flight paths that are zoned for low occupancy uses.
(8) Offered space will not be considered if located in close proximity to primarily residential or heavy industrial areas.
(9) Space will not be considered where apartment space or other living quarters are located within the same building.
(10) Offered space must be located in close proximity to amenities including but not limited to restaurants, hotels, pharmacy, and shopping.
(11) Offered space must be located in close proximity to a hospital or stand-alone emergency room center and a fire department.
(12) Offered space must be located in close proximity to public transportation, or have access to public transportation by time of VA occupancy as determined by VA.
(13) Offered space must be easily accessible to multiple highways which provide multiple routes of travel.
(14) Parking lot must be able to accommodate deliveries by trucks with trailers.
(15) Structured parking under the space is not permissible.
(16) Offered space must meet Federal and Local Government requirements for fire safety, physical security, accessibility, seismic, and sustainability standards per the terms of the solicitation for offers or request for proposals.
(17) A fully serviced lease may be required.
(18) Offered space must be compatible for VA s intended use.
On-site parking must 1) be dedicated for the exclusive use of VA; and 2) be fully compliant with local laws, rules and regulations and: 3) include at least 75 spaces or meeting minimum code requirements, whichever is most stringent. Parking spaces shall be handicapped designated in accordance with local code. All spaces shall be sized in accordance with design standards as described in the VA Lease Based Outpatient Clinic Design Guide (available at http://www.cfm.va.gov/til/dGuide.asp). The parking area must meet all requirements of Architectural Barriers Act Accessibility Standards (ABAAS) (available at http://www.gsa.gov).
All submissions should include the following information:
(1) Name of current owner;
(2) Address or described location of building or land;
(3) Location on map, demonstrating the building or land lies within the Delineated Area;
(4) Description of ingress/egress to the building or land from a public right-of-way;
(5) A statement as to whether the building or land lies within the Delineated Area;
(6) Description of the uses of adjacent properties;
(7) FEMA map evidencing floodplain status;
(8) A narrative and map describing proximity of the building or land to the nearest bus and/or train stop, and major transportation routes, and
(9) A description of any planned land development or construction that will affect the site, including neighboring projects and road/utility line construction.
(10) Site plan depicting the property boundaries, building, and parking; and
(11) Floor plan and ABOA and rentable square footage of proposed space;
(12) If you are qualified as a small business, Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) under NAICS Code 531120 Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings with a small business size standard of $38.5 million, please read the attachment, entitled, Small Business, VOSB, or SDVOSB Status . You are invited, but not required to submit a Capabilities Statement.;
(13) A document indicating the type of zoning and that VA s intended use is permissible for the proposed space;
(14) A description of any changes to the property necessary to be compatible with VA s intended use;
(15) A statement indicating the current availability of utilities serving the proposed space or property.
(16) Although evidence of ownership or control of the site is not necessary at this stage of the procurement, respondents are encouraged to provide evidence. Evidence of ownership or control of the site will be required once the SFO is issued. Non-Owners (e.g. prospective developers/lessors) submitting a building or land must provide evidence of permission or authority granted by property owner to submit the property to VA for development.
(17) Any information related to title issues, easements and restrictions on the use of the building or land.
All Interested parties (owners, brokers, or their legal representatives) should submit Expressions of Interest electronically no later than 3:00 p.m. PST on November 22, 2021 to VA s real estate representative s below:
John Paul Niega
Lease Contracting Officer
Attachment – Small Business, VOSB or SDVOSB Status
The NAICS Code for this procurement is 531120 Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings, and the small business size standard is $30.0 million. Responses to this notice will assist The Department of Veterans Affairs in determining if the acquisition should be set-aside for competition and restricted to SDVOSB or VOSB concerns in accordance with 38 USC Sec. 8127.
The magnitude of the anticipated construction/buildout for this project is:
__ (a) Less than $25,000;
__ (b) Between $25,000 and $100,000;
__ (c) Between $100,000 and $250,000;
__ (d) Between $250,000 and $500,000;
__ (e) Between $500,000 and $1,000,000;
__ (f) Between $1,000,000 and $2,000,000;
X (g) Between $2,000,000 and $5,000,000;
__ (h) Between $5,000,000 and $10,000,000;
__ (i) Between $10,000,000 and $20,000,000;
__ (j) Between $20,000,000 and $50,000,000;
__ (k) Between $50,000,000 and $100,000,000;
__ (l) More than $100,000,000.
VA makes monthly lease rental payments in arrears upon facility acceptance and may elect to make a single lump-sum payment or amortize over the course of the firm term for specified tenant improvements. VA makes no progress payments during the design or construction/build-out phases of the project.
This is not a request for proposals, only a request for information for planning purposes, and does not constitute a solicitation. A solicitation may or may not be issued. This notice is being published in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation 19.14 and VA Acquisition Regulation 819.70.
The Department of Veterans Affairs seeks information from Potential Offerors who are capable of successfully performing a lease contract, including design and construction of the facility, as well as all maintenance and operation requirements for the duration of the lease term. More information on VA s requirements can be found on its Technical Information Library: http://www.cfm.va.gov/til/.
SDVOSB, VOSB, and Small Business firms are invited to provide information to contribute to the market research for this project. SDVOSB and VOSB firms must be registered in VA s Vendor Information Pages (VIP) site at https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/. All business concerns must have the technical skills and financial capabilities necessary to perform the stated requirements. All business concerns are requested to submit a Capabilities Statement if they are interested in participating in this project. A submission checklist and information sheet are provided below for firms to fill out and submit, which will serve as the firm s Capabilities Statement.
Capabilities Statement Will Include
1. Company name, address, point of contact, phone number, Dunn & Bradstreet number, and e-mail address;
2. Evidence of SDVOSB or VOSB status through registration at VIP (https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/);
3. Evidence of ability to offer as a small business under NAICS Code 531120 and listing in the System for Award Management (www.SAM.gov), including a copy of the representations and certifications made in that system;
4. A summary describing at least three (3) projects of similar size and scope completed in the past five
(5) years that demonstrate your company s experience designing, constructing, and managing Federal leased facilities or health care facilities relevant to the project described above. (3-page limit);
5. Evidence of your company s bonding capacity to meet a bid bond of $100,000, and evidence from a surety of capability to obtain payment and performance bonds in values based on the project magnitude listed above; and
6. Evidence of capability to obtain financing for a project of this size.
If desired, the company may also submit a narrative describing its capability.
Although this notice focuses on SDVOSB and VOSB, we encourage all small businesses and other interested parties to respond for market research purposes.
SUBMISSION CHECKLIST AND INFORMATION SHEET
Colorado Springs 16,000 RSF Stop Gap, Colorado Springs, CO
Dunn & Bradstreet number:
Point of contact:
The following items are attached to this Capabilities Statement:
Evidence of SDVOSB or VOSB status through registration at VIP (https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/);
Evidence of ability to offer as a small business under NAICS Code 531120 and listing in the System for Award Management (www.SAM.gov), with representations and certifications;
A summary describing at least three (3) projects of similar size and scope completed in the past five (5) years that demonstrate the company s experience designing, constructing, and managing Federal leased facilities or health care facilities relevant to (input project specific NUSF). (3-page limit);
Evidence of the company s bonding capacity to meet a bid bond of $100,000, and payment and performance bonds in the range above from surety; and
Evidence of capability to obtain financing for a project of this size.
If desired, the company may also submit a narrative describing its capability, not to exceed two (2) pages.
(Print Name, Title)