REQUEST FOR INFORMATION / SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE
This not a request for quotes; the Government is seeking information for market research purposes only. The Department of Veterans Affairs, Network Contracting Office 8 San Juan, Puerto Rico is currently conducting a market survey for potential small business qualified firms capable of providing the necessary labor, materials, supervision, protective clothing, inspections, equipment and reports necessary to perform Annual Maintenance and Testing of Fire Tube Steam Boilers Services. The services are for a total of three (3) boilers, two (2) manufactured by Hurst Boiler & Welding Co. and one (1) by York-Shipley, all services are to be rendered on-site and all boilers are located at the VA Caribbean Healthcare System (VACHS) Main Facility in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is 238220 Plumbing, Heating and Air-Conditioning Contractors, and Product Service Code (PSC) is J045 Maintenance, Repair and Rebuilding of Equipment: plumbing, Heating and Waste Disposal Equipment.
Responses to this notice shall include company/individual name, size status for the above reference NAICS code, a service capability statement, DUNS number, address, point of contact and examples of similar facilities to which similar services have been provided to. Contractors should provide information on whether they are certified SDVOSB, VOSB, Hub zone, 8(a), women-owned concern. If standard company brochures will be provided as a response to this Source Sought, ensure that additional information tailored to this notice is included.
Contractor must be registered in System for Award Management (SAM) (see internet site: https://www.sam.gov). A solicitation is not currently available. If a solicitation is issued, it will be announced on the Contract Opportunities website https://beta.sam.gov at a later date, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from the response to this announcement.
Specific areas to be addressed in capability packages submitted by respondents are as follows:
1. Capability Statements, if considering sub-contracting state so in your response and include sub-contractor information to include DUNS and name.
2. Evidence of applicable license, permits and certification from federal, state, and local agencies applicable to the industry in Puerto Rico. If sub-contracting, include sub-contractor licensures and certifications as well.
3. Provide enough information to sustain your level of experience in the maintenance and repair services of steam boilers, having certified oil burner technician for combustion and Cleaver-Brooks trained/certified personnel.
4. Identify any other companies owned (wholly or in part) by the owners of this business who provide goods or services that are registered under the same or a related NAICS code with the Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE); Provide the certification type (SDVOSB/VOSB), Federal Identification Number, and state of incorporation for each.
5. If you are in GSA, please provide schedule and contract number.
It is anticipated that the contract will be a Firm Fixed Price with a base period and four option periods of twelve (12) months each.
Responses to this notice must be submitted to Aurea.Gonzalez@va.gov no later than September 27, 2021 at 1:00 PM AST. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.