Page 2 of 2
THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE ONLY. This notice does NOT constitute a request for proposal, request for quote, or invitation for bid. No formal solicitation document exists at this time.
Market Research is being conducted to Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, 8(a), Woman Owned Small Business or HUBZone interests.
The Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) is trying to determine whether to set-aside an acquisition to provide Ventilation Testing at the following location:
W.G Hefner Medical Center: 1601 Brenner Ave.,: Salisbury, NC 28144
The NAICS 811213 is applicable to this acquisition; with a size standard of $12 Million. If your company is interested in performing these services, please notify our office of your intent.
Furnish necessary labor, parts, materials, and equipment to perform inspection and maintenance repairs to two-way radio system at VAMC, Salisbury, NC operating under call letters KAO-497. Antennas will also be included under parts for this contract.
1. Furnish all necessary materials, labor, frequency measurements, and federal communications commission forms. Antennas and cracked casings/housings are to be included under parts for this contract.
2. Semi-annual inspections and adjustments are to be completed every year. Inspections and adjustments are also to be completed as often as required in the event of equipment failure. Periodically, check frequencies of all transmitters in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission. Only licensed personnel, who will post verifications thereof, where required, will perform the service.
3. Provide (3) FB Type exclusive channels in ALL markets with immediate deployment as well as wide area coverage linking all facilities for the new proposed VAMC system.
These Part 22 special use spectrum required for the wide area portion of this project is not available to be acquired in the Federal Government frequency pool and cannot be transferred for use by another vendor. Service Provider will control and maintain networks for all sites to the VAMC. The Multi-Site expansion of the system requires Clean, Hi-Powered VHF Exclusive Spectrum not currently available in these locations. Providing this exclusive spectrum as well as a wide-area network. The Wide-Area Network will serve as a redundant backbone in the event of a failure.
4. In the event of the failure of any unit, the medical center shall notify the vendor. Upon notification, the vendor shall respond by phone within one hour of notification. In the event of a system failure vendor shall respond on-site within four hours. The vendor shall provide professional troubleshooting on all calls and shall have the capability of on-site repairs for most calls.
5. The maintenance provided is to remedy only defects caused by ordinary and usual use of equipment and is not under any circumstances include repair or replacement necessitated by storms, civil commotion, fires or other similar causes. Under no circumstances does the medical center assume liability for any consequential damages to the equipment, the licensee or other entities by reason of failure to perform any of such service, the limit of liability of said failure, and the limit of liability of said failure being solely the reasonable market cost of the omitted service.
6. A log will be affixed to the transceivers indicating the following information:
Date of Inspection
Frequency Before Adjustment
Frequency After Adjustment
7. A log of pagers will be kept on premises indicating the following information:
The pager information and two-way radio spreadsheets will be available at the VA Electronic Shop, Building 4, Room G022.
Your response is required by Wednesday, December 1, 2021 @ 03:00 PM EST.
All capable Service-Disabled Veteran Small Businesses are encouraged to respond. The Government will not pay for any information solicited.
All the above must be submitted in sufficient detail via email to: Mitchell.Carpenter@va.gov.