STATEMENT OF WORK (SOW)
1. Contract Title: Service and Preventative Maintenance contract for the Tecniplast WP Rack/Cage Washer located in the Research Animal Facility, Research and Development department located at 10 North Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201.
2. Background: The central wash area in animal facilities is a major operational hub for the cleaning, sanitization, and sterilization of materials and equipment entering, leaving, and re-circulating through the animal facility. Effective sanitation of cages and cage components is accomplished by various cage and rack washers, such as the Tecniplast WP Rack/Cage washer, and is an important aspect of an animal care and use program to control the possible spread of unwanted microorganisms.
3. Scope: For the period of performance the vendor will provide two (2) inspections per year, all parts and labor included at 100 percent in accordance with the Platinum coverage terms, to perform scheduled preventive maintenance in accordance with Techniplast PM check list. The Platinum agreement also includes unlimited emergency repair visits, parts discounted at 100 percent. The equipment to be serviced by this purchase is one (1) Tecniplast Rack/Cage Washer, Model # 9LAVSC901WP, Serial# 90USA003.
4. Specific Tasks: The primary task to be accomplished is to maintain the equipment to within normal operating parameters and safety standards.
Upon receiving a call from the VAMHCS-Baltimore, a service representative will begin obtaining specifics of the malfunction, and a discussion will take place at this time. Every attempt will be made to resolve the issue over the phone through simple troubleshooting procedures. This is the most efficient method of minimizing downtime. If the malfunction cannot be resolved over the phone, a service technician will respond in person.
5.1 Task 1 – Enterprise Management Controls. N/A
5.1.1 Subtask 1 – Integration Management Control Planning. Provide the technical and functional activities at the required level for integration of all tasks specified within this SOW. Include productivity and management methods such as quality assurance, progress/status reporting and program reviews. Provide the centralized administrative, clerical, documentation and related functions.
5.1.2 Subtask 2 – Contract Management. Prepare a Contract Management Plan describing the technical approach, organizational resources and management controls to be employed to meet the cost, performance and schedule requirements throughout Contract execution. Provide a monthly status report monitoring the quality assurance, progress/status reporting and program reviews applied to this contract.
5.2 Task 2. PM coverage to include all the necessary components required to perform scheduled PM inspections and service on the Tecniplast 900 WP RACK/CAGE Washer: Model#9LAVSC901WP, Serial# 90USA003. Service scheduled is to be provided during normal working hours 8:00AM 5:00PM, Monday thru Friday, excluding national holidays.
PM INSPECTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS:
INSPECT ALL SURFACES
*NOTE CONDITION OF TOUCH SCREEN
VERIFY THERE ARE NO AIR OR WATER LEAKS
*DOCUMENT ALL UTILITY PRESSURES
*PERFORM FUNCTIONAL CHECKS
CLEAN & DIRTY SIDE
*TEST EMERGENCY PUSH-BUTTONS
*INSPECT DOOR GASKETS
*VERIFY DOORS OPENS AND CLOSES SMOOTHLY & SENSORS OPERATING PROPERLY
*TEST AIR VENT
*VERIFY EMERGENCY BAR FUNCTIONS
*INSPECT ALL WASH/RINSE NOZZLES FOR CLOGS
*REPLACE ALL WASH/RINSE SIDE ARM SEALS
*CHECK ALL ARM SPACERS FOR DAMAGE OR CRACKING
*REPLACE ALL WASH ARM CLIPS
*CHECK FOGGING ATOMIZERS
*VERIFY ALL LIGHTS INSIDE THE CHAMBER ARE WORKING
*INSPECT WASH ARM LINKAGE FOR WEAR OR DAMAGE
*VERIFY THERE IS NO DEBRIS UNDER FLOOR GRATES
*VERIFY WASH ARMS MOVE UP AND DOWN FREELY WITHOUT ALARMS
*INSPECT FILTER & REPLACE FILTER GASKETS
*INSPECT INTERNAL AREAS OF WASH/RINSE TANKS
*INSPECT STEAM TRAPS
*VERIFY FLOAT SWITCHES WORKS PROPERLY
*VERIFY INLET VALVES ARE OPENING AND CLOSING COMPLETELY
*VERIFY PROBES ARE READING CORRECTLY
*INSPECT AIR SUPPLY FILTER
*VERIFY AIR SUPPLY PRESSURE SWITCH IS SET TO ALARM
*VERIFY ALL VALVE SPEED CONTROLS ARE REGULATED AND LOCKING NUTS ARE TIGHT
*INSPECT DETERGENT INJECTION & FOOT VALVE
*REPLACE DETERGENT TUBING FROM DAY TANKS TO DOSING PUMPS (PVC)
*VERIFY DOSING CALIBRATION FOR ACID TANK DETERGENT, ALKALINE TANK DETERGENT, RINSE DETERGENT
*VERIFY PRINTER IS WORKING PROPERLY
*VERIFY WHEN THE MACHINE REACHES A READY STATE THE GREEN “MACHINE READY” LIGHT IS ILLUMINATED
*VERIFY WHEN THERE IS AN ALARM THE RED “ANOMALIES” LIGHT IS ILLUMINATED
*VERIFY THE “OPEN/CLOSE DOOR” BUTTON WORKS AND ILLUMINATES WHEN DOOR IS OPEN
*VERIFY THAT THE “START CYCLE” BUTTON STARTS A CYCLE WHEN ENABLED IN THE SW
*VERIFY THAT THE “START CYCLE” BUTTON IS ILLUMINATED WHEN A CYCLE IS RUNNING
Upon completion of routine PM inspections or emergency service calls, the vendor will provide a written summary of all tasks accomplished, including any observations and recommendations concerning any associated equipment and systems.
6. Performance Monitoring. N/A
7. Security Requirements: Vendor service technicians are to have identification badging visible on their person while on VA premises, and are subject to Federal Installation Security Requirements, including inspection of any containers, equipment or vehicles as required.
8. Government-Furnished Equipment (GFE)/Government-Furnished Information (GFI). N/A
9. Other Pertinent Information or Special Considerations. N/A
10. Risk Control: N/A.
11. Place of Performance: VMU Animal Facility, VA Medical Center, 10 North Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201.
12. Period of Performance: October 1st, 2021 through September 30th, 2022, base plus 4 option years.
Period of Performance:
Base Year – 10/01/2021 – 09/30/2022
Option Year 1 – 10/01/2022 – 09/30/2023
Option Year 2 – 10/01/2023 – 09/30/2024
Option Year 3 – 10/01/2024 – 09/30/2025
Option Year 4 – 10/01/2025 – 09/30/2026
PLEASE SEE ATTAHCED PROPIETARY LETTER
**********IF INTRESTED PLEASE PROVIDE AN AUTHORIZED OEM LETTER.**********