THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION ANNOUNCEMENT. THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ONLY. This Request for Information (RFI) is intended for information and planning purposes only at this time; and shall not be construed as a solicitation or as an obligation on the part of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Because this is a Request for Information announcement, no evaluation letters and/or results will be issued to the respondents.
No solicitation exists. Therefore, do not request a copy of a solicitation.
The Department of Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Wilkes-Barre, Medical Service, Cardiac Catherization Laboratory has determined the need to purchase the Rampart Radiation Protection Unit
Justification: Rampart is a fully adjustable and portable system that provides proven, full-bodied, radiation protection for doctors as well as their technicians without the need for heavy lead aprons. This revolutionary technology not only provides freedom and ease of movement but eliminates the physical wear and tear of wearing lead at the table-side.
KEY BENEFITS: Eliminates the need for heavy lead aprons for the physician and team. Full-body radiation coverage when combined with the use of under table lead drapes. Radiation protection extends to the technician. Allows for longer and more complex procedures. Increases potential for longer careers with the elimination of the apron. Potential for fewer workdays missed and workman s comp claims filed. Does not isolate the physician from their team or limit mobility.
22mm thick acrylic panels with a pure lead equivalence of 1mm
Panel adjustments allows for different physician and technician heights, patient girth, and a variety of different procedure configurations.
Electronic motors equipped with rechargeable battery pack.
Sturdy base mounted on lockable, smooth-rolling, casters for efficiencies in emergent situations, quicker set up & convenient storage.
Foldable panels for easy storage
Delivery accepted at VAMC Wilkes Barre, Warehouse, 1111 East End Blvd, Wilkes Barre, PA 18711: Weekdays 8:00am 4:00pm, excluding any government holidays.
Request for Information Instructions
The information identified above is intended to be descriptive, not restrictive and to indicate the quality of the supplies/services that will be satisfactory. It is the responsibility of the interested source to demonstrate to the government that the interested parties can provide the supplies/services that fulfill the required specifications mentioned above.
Responses to this RFI should include company name, address, point of contact, phone number, and point of contact e-mail, DUNS Number, Cage Code, size of business pursuant to North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) 339112 (size standard of 1000 employees). Please answer the following questions:
(1) Please indicate the size status and representations of your business, such as but not limited to: Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Hubzone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Large Business, etc.)?
(2) Is your company considered small under the NAICS code identified under this RFI?
(3) Are you the manufacturer, distributor, or an equivalent solution to the items being referenced above?
If not, Can you provide additional information shown below. This is to confirm compliance with the non-manufacturer rule IAW 13 CFR 121.406(b) Nonmanufacturers.
Does your company exceed 500 employees
Primarily engaged in the retail or wholesale trade and normally sells the type of item being supplied;
Take ownership or possession of the item(s) with its personnel, equipment or facilities in a manner consistent with industry practice;
Obtained an individual or class waiver?
(4) If you are a large business, do you have any designated distributors? If so, please provide their company name, telephone, point of Contact and size status (if available).
(5) If you re a small business and you are an authorized distributor/reseller for the items identified above or an equivalent solution, do you alter; assemble; modify; the items requested in any way? If you do, state how and what is altered; assembled; modified?
(6) If you intend to subcontract any work on this contract, what portion of the total cost will be self-performed/will be performed by your organization? Please provide estimated detailed percentage breakdowns related to sub contracted work and completion of job.
(7) Does your company have an FSS contract with GSA or the NAC or are you a contract holder with any other federal contract? If so, please provide the contract number.
(8) If you are an FSS GSA/NAC contract holder or other federal contract holder, are the items/solution you are providing information for available on your schedule/contract?
(9) General pricing of your products/solution is encouraged. Pricing will be used for the purpose of market research only. It will not be used to evaluate for any type of award.
(10) Please submit your capabilities in regard to the salient characteristics detailed above and any information pertaining to equal to items to establish capabilities for planning purposes?
(11) Please review salient characteristics/statement of work (if applicable) and provide feedback or suggestions. If none, please reply as N/A.
(12) Please provide your DUNS number.
This RFI will be conducted in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 13. Telephone responses will not be accepted. Responses must be received via e-mail to Andrew.Taylor3@va.gov no later than, 12 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on November 30, 2021. This notice will help the VA in determining available potential sources only. Do not contact VA Medical Center staff regarding this requirement, as they are not authorized to discuss this matter related to this procurement action. All questions will be addressed by the Contracting Officer, Andrew Taylor.
All firms responding to this Request for Information are advised that their response is not a request for proposal, therefore will not be considered for a contract award.
If a solicitation is issued, information will be posted on the beta.sam web site for all qualified interested parties at a later date and interested parties must respond to the solicitation to be considered for award. This notice does not commit the government to contract for any supplies or services. The government will not pay for any information or administrative cost incurred in response to this Request for Information. Information will only be accepted in writing by e-mail to Contracting Officer at email@example.com.
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. Responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.
End of Document