STATEMENT OF NEED FOR MICROBIOLOGY MEDIA
THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION ANNOUNCEMENT. THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ONLY. This Request for Information (RFI) is intended for information and planning purposes only at this time; and shall not be construed as a solicitation or as an obligation on the part of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Because this is a Request for Information announcement, no evaluation letters and/or results will be issued to the respondents. No solicitation exists. Therefore, do not request a copy of a solicitation.
The Microbiology Laboratory performs testing on cultures taken from patients to determine if these patients have an infection from a pathogenic organism. The specimen taken (a culture) from a patient needs to be put on or in a Media that will allow for it to grow in the Clinical Laboratory. Depending on where the specimen was taken from, different Media s are required.
Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) and College of American Pathologists (CAP) Accreditation Standards require that Laboratories validate products prior to using them. Media would specifically require 30 days of plating QC if we were to change the products. This Laboratory has already validated REMEL Media. Therefore REMEL Media is required.
The following is a list of the REMEL Media that is needed.
Remel Product Name
CDC Anaerobic Blood Agar 10/ pkg
CDC Anaerobic blood Agar w/ PEA 10/ pkg
TSA Blood Agar (Trypticase Soy Agar) 100/ pkg
Chocolate Agar II (GC) 100/cs
Columbia CNA w/ Blood 10/ pkg
HBT Bilayer Medium for Gardenella 10/pkg
Macconkey II Agar 100/ pkg
Sabouraud 4% Dextrose Agar pH 5.6 (mycology) Double pour 10/ pkg
Anaerobic reducible LKV Blood Agar/ Bacteroides Fragillis Isolation Agar 10/pkg
Haemophillus test Medium 10/ pkg
Mueller Hinton II Agar 150 ml 10/pkg
Jembec system (TM IMP) 10/pkg
The information identified above is intended to be descriptive concerning the Remel Media and to indicate the quality of the supplies/services that will be satisfactory. It is the responsibility of the interested source to demonstrate to the government that the interested parties can provide the supplies/services that fulfill the required specifications mentioned above.
Responses to this RFI should include company name, address, point of contact, phone number, and point of contact e-mail, DUNS Number, Cage Code, size of business pursuant to North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) 325412 size standard 1250 Employees.
Please answer the following questions:
(1) Please indicate the size status and representations of your business, such as but not limited to: Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Hubzone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Large Business, etc.)?
(2) Is your company considered small under the NAICS code identified under this RFI?
(3) Are you the manufacturer, distributor, or an equivalent solution to the items being referenced above?
(4) If you are a large business, do you have any designated distributors? If so, please provide their company name, telephone, point of Contact and size status (if available).
(4) (a) Describe how your small business takes ownership of the media during the delivery process.
(5) If you re a small business and you are an authorized distributor/reseller for the items identified above or an equivalent solution, do you alter; assemble; modify; the items requested in any way? If you do, state how and what is altered; assembled; modified?
(6) If you intend to subcontract any work on this contract, what portion of the total cost will be self-performed/will be performed by your organization? Please provide estimated detailed percentage breakdowns related to sub contracted work and completion of job.
(7) Does your company have an FSS contract with GSA or the NAC or are you a contract holder with any other federal contract? If so, please provide the contract number.
(8) If you are an FSS GSA/NAC contract holder or other federal contract holder, are the items/solution you are providing information for available on your schedule/contract?
(9) General pricing of your products/solution is encouraged. Pricing will be used for the purpose of market research only. It will not be used to evaluate for any type of award.
(10) Please submit your capabilities in regard to the brand name equipment.
(11) Please review salient characteristics/statement of work (if applicable) and provide feedback or suggestions. If none, please reply as N/A.
(12) Please provide your DUNS number.
This RFI will be conducted in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 13. Telephone responses will not be accepted. Responses must be received via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than, 03:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on September 8, 2020. This notice will help the VA in determining available potential sources only. Do not contact VA Medical Center staff regarding this requirement, as they are not authorized to discuss this matter related to this procurement action. All questions will be addressed by the Contracting Specialist, Andrew Taylor.
All firms responding to this Request for Information are advised that their response is not a request for proposal, therefore will not be considered for a contract award.
If a solicitation is issued, information will be posted on the FedBizOpps (FBO) web site for all qualified interested parties at a later date and interested parties must respond to the solicitation to be considered for award. This notice does not commit the government to contract for any supplies or services. The government will not pay for any information or administrative cost incurred in response to this Request for Information. Information will only be accepted in writing by e-mail to Contracting Specialist at email@example.com
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. Responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.