Request for Information– Navy Clothing and Textile Research Facility
Sustainability Market Research
Background: “Sustainable” textile products are those that have been developed, manufactured, and can be disposed of with a reduced impact on the environment. The Navy is investigating where sustainable products and/or processes can be implemented in its textile/clothing items to identify sustainment opportunities or product improvement efforts to reduce the Navy’s impact to the environment.
Description: The Navy Clothing and Textile Research Facility (NCTRF) is conducting a market survey to identify sustainable textile/clothing materials/products/processes produced/employed by domestic clothing and textile manufacturers. The Government is interested in all potential sources including Small Businesses, Small Disadvantaged Businesses, 8(a) businesses, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses, HUBZone Small Businesses, Women-Owned Small Businesses, etc.
Candidates: To respond to this Request for Information (RFI), interested candidates should submit answers to the following questions (as applicable):
- Describe your primary product(s) and identify any product(s) that you have developed/produced which incorporate sustainable materials/processes.
- What approach(es) does your company take to implementing sustainable materials/practices/processes to your products?
- Does your company supply any sustainable products to textile/clothing items purchased by the Government? If yes, what is the product?; What is the end use (if applicable); and, Who is the customer or end-user?
- Does your company have any “green” certifications? (I.e. Fair Trade Certified, LEED, Certified B etc.)
Please submit any marketing brochures or informational materials related to your companies’ sustainable textile/clothing materials/products/processes.
If you would like to submit a textile/clothing material/item/component sample, please provide the following information along with the sample(s) (if applicable):
- Material/Item/component description, including specification sheets, drawings, photos and any applicable Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). Products and all components must meet Berry Amendment 10 USC 2533a compliance.
- An estimated unit cost per item (and if available, economies of scale costs/quantities).
- Any available documentation demonstrating the advantages/benefits of using sustainable materials/processes.
- A point of contact, phone number, and email address for your company.
Responses to questions and information/samples submitted by interested candidates are due by COB 9 OCT 2020 at NCTRF. Information will be handled as proprietary and samples will not be returned. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information or samples in response to this notice.
Please submit responses to this notice to E. Hamalian, Navy Clothing and Textile Research Facility, 10 General Greene Ave, Bldg 86, Natick, MA 01760-5019. This notice is a market survey and is for information only. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION OR REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS. No solicitation document exists. POC for this request is Eileen Hamalian, 508-206-2754, firstname.lastname@example.org