Notice Type: Sources Sought
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI)
LPD-17 Class Knuckleboom Crane Services
THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) NOTICE is being issued by the Department of the Navy, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD). NSWCPD has a requirement to procure engineering and technical services to support the K80-65 Knuckleboom Crane (KBC) installed on LPD-17 Class ships. It is the Government’s intention to procure these services utilizing other than full and open competition, from Allied Systems, Co. (Allied) IAW FAR 6.302-1, as only Allied Systems meet the Government’s requirements. As the OEM, Allied is the sole servicer that can provide the associated engineering and technical services of the Knuckleboom Crane. Due to this reasoning, NSWCPD intends to issue a solicitation to the specified vendor to meet mission requirements. Prior to issuing the solicitation, NSWCPD is requesting information in order to make an informed determination regarding procurement strategy.
Requirements are listed below:
- Engineering Services Support, including Ship Change Documents (SCDs), and Testing and Repair Support. SCD support to include analysis and design, prototyping, and hardware development, implementation and integration. Testing and Repair support to include test setup and materials preparation, test performance, certification, and repair/replacement services.
- Integrated Logistics Support, including Configuration Management (CM), development and revision of Engineering Drawings and Documents, Technical Manual (TM) development and revision, and Training support. Training support to include development of training materials for operation and maintenance of KBC systems, and on-site training sessions with Readiness Maintenance Center (RMC) and In-Service Engineering Agents (ISEA) personnel.
- Software Support, including updates to currently-installed software and firmware, and remote and on-ship software troubleshooting. Software update support to include software update development, on-site software installation, all required pre- and post-install testing, and CM of installed software version(s) across LPD-17 class ships.
- Installation Support, including Ship Alterations (ShipAlt) and Ship Change Documents (SCDs). ShipAlts and SCD support to include engineering analysis, document preparation, and on-site work including alterations, modifications, and upgrades to currently-installed systems.
- Obsolescence Support, including identification and notification of installed component obsolescence, and proposed replacements of obsolete components.
Engineering service provider must be able to provide at least ten (10) FTE of engineering support per year, at least six (6) FTE of mechanical/electrical technician support per year, and be able to perform all necessary remote and on-ship work as described above.
SUBMISSION OF RESPONSES: Responses shall include specific details regarding the ability to provide the required engineering and technical services to meet the needs of the Government. Responses shall discuss how your product/service will meet the requirements listed above.
Responses are not to exceed 3-10 pages. Responses shall be in electronic format. A cover page for the response shall be included. The cover page shall include the company name, address, CAGE Code, Business Size Status for the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code of this RFI and points of contract (names, email, and telephone numbers) at a minimum. The cover page is not considered in the total page count.
NSWCPD will accept only electronic unclassified submission of responses. Responses shall be sent to Rebecca Eckler at Rebecca.email@example.com with the subject line “ RFI- 20-RRE-145.” All responses shall be unclassified and submitted by no later than 5:00pm on 22 AUG 2020.
This RFI is for market research purposes only and does NOT constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP). This notice shall not be construed as a contract, a promise to contract, or as a commitment of any kind by the Government. The Government is NOT seeking or accepting unsolicited proposals. This RFI Notice is issued solely for conducting market research in accordance with FAR Part 10 and gathering information for planning purposes.
Government WILL NOT PAY for any information received in response to this RFI, and the Government will not compensate the respondent for any cost incurred in developing the response to this RFI. The Government will not release any information marked with a proprietary legend received in response to this RFI to any firms, agencies or individuals outside the Government without written permission in accordance with the legend. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned.