This notice is being published in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 5.203(a) requiring the dissemination of information on proposed contract actions. This is a notice of intent to award a five (5) year Firm Fixed Price sole sourceBlanket Purchase Agreement and is not a request for competitive proposals. The statutory authority for this sole source procurement is FAR 6.302-1.
The Department of State intends to award sole source BPA to purchase new generations Diplomatic Security (DS) shields sets of Diplomatic Security (DS) Special Agent protective (PRS) lapel pins and Support lapel pins to:
V H Blackinton & Co 221 John Dietsch Blvd North Attleborough MA 02763
This notice of intent is not a request for competitive proposals. Prior to awarding the BPA, State Department needs to determine if there is a reasonable chance of having two or more companies submit proposals to purchase Diplomatic Security (DS) shields sets of Diplomatic Security (DS) Special Agent protective (PRS) lapel pins and Support lapel pins.
To make this determination, State Department requests all interested parties to provide the below information in their capability statement by 4:00 pm East Coast USA September 14, 2020:
- Utilize SecureShift technology for quick and easy identification between authentic and forgeries
- RFID Chip attached to shields for inventory tracking and control
- RFID Chip attached to inside of PRS pin case for inventory tracking and control
- Computer equipment and software that utilizes RDFI chip readers for inventory control
- Stamping of unique serial numbers on the back of shields & PRS pins
- Independent certification of plating thickness
- Ability to produce a minimum of 18 different shield designs with SecureShift technology
- Ability to produce a minimum of 4 different PRS pin set designs with SecureShift technology with a minimum of 6 different colored pins in each set
- Initial training for users of inventory control systems
- Physical security and accountability for general documentation, design artwork, production materials, and dies
- Made in USA
- Ability to quickly produce/update more items on demand
- Shields and pin sets must be designed, produced, assembled, and distributed from same secure facility in the United States
- Additional orders shall be fulfilled within 6 weeks of a fully funded order being placed.
- Storage Cases to be provided for PRS Pins
- Provide a delivery schedule no later than 30 days from award of contract. The initial delivery of shields and pin sets shall be delivered to the program office no later than eight weeks after delivery schedule approval.
A determination not to compete this requirement, based upon responses to this notice, is solely within the discretion of the Government. This notice will close on September 14, 2020 at 4pm. Please send all capability statements addressing all the bullet points above to Ms. Shayani Mukherjee at Mukherjees1@state.gov