SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR
PROPOSAL. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE
GOVERNMENT. RESPONSES IN ANY FORM ARE NOT OFFERS AND THE GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO
AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. NO FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR PREPARATION
OF RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY RESPONDENTS TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY.
Scope and Background:
The USMS seeks sources that can provide all necessary personnel (management, supervision, and administrative support), and services to maintain the United States Marshals Service Court Security Officer's (CSO) Program. This Sources Sought is for the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th , and 12th Federal Judicial Circuits only.
• 1st Circuit – Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Puerto Rico, and Rhode Island
• 3rd Circuit – Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, U.S. Virgin Islands
• 4th Circuit – Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia
• 5th Circuit – Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas
• 8th Circuit – Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South
• 12th Circuit – District of Columbia
Contract Clause FAR 52.244-2 Subcontracting Restrictions apply. Except as stated in the contract or approved in writing in advance by the Contracting Officer, the Contractor shall not subcontract the work of the CSOs under this requirement. Contract award can only be made to the responsible offeror. This requirement contains Special Standards of Responsibility, wherein the offeror shall provide evidence and documentation to the Government establishing its ability to have all resources required to successfully perform all contract terms and conditions. Based on the size of the potential award(s) the offeror shall be required to provide additional information proving financial capability. The offeror must be able to show financial assets sufficient to support at
least three (3) months of total payroll and all other operating expenses. This Sources Sought is for planning and informational purposes only and shall not be considered as a request for proposal or as an obligation on the part of the Government to acquire any products or services
The Government reserves the right to reject, in whole or in part, any contractor's input resulting from this synopsis.
After review of the attachments, interested parties shall submit a response in Adobe PDF Format. All information provided to the Government must be UNCLASSIFIED material only. Any company proprietary information must be marked as such. The provided information may not exceed 10 one-sided 8 ½ x 11 pages, with one-inch margins, and font no smaller than 12 point.
Respondents must include as a part of their submission:
1. Company name, address, phone number; a point of contact with email address; Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number; and small business status, if applicable, including status as a small disadvantaged business, 8(a) business, woman-owned small business, HUBZone small business, veteran-owned small business, and/or service disabled veteran-owned small business.
2. A summary of the company's past performance during the past five years, including any on-going contracts. Include Contracting Activities/Agencies, Contract Numbers, Contract Value,Contract Period of Performance, Number of labor hours provided during the period of performance,and a Point of Contact at the Contracting Activity who can verify the information you provided.
3. Does your company provide services under the North American Industry Classification System
4. What comments do you have regarding the Attachment, Section J.7G CSO Phase II Orientation and
a. Will this training be held in a centralized location or will mobile training teams be
provided to meet this requirement?
b. What will be the frequency of Phase II Training?
c. What will be the maximum student:instructor ratio?
Interested parties must submit a capability statement in response to this Sources Sought by e-mail no later than 10:00 am, EST, Wednesday March 31, 2021 to Claudia Figueroa, Contracting Officer and Allison Holcombe Contract Specialist, at OSC.PROCUREMENTS@USDOJ.GOV.
Attachment A – Special Standards of Responsibility
SOURCES SOUGHT: The North American Industry Classification System Code (NAICS) for this requirement
is 561612, with the corresponding size standard of $22 Million
In order to make a determination for a small business set-aside, two or more qualified and capable small businesses must submit responses that demonstrate their qualifications. Responses must demonstrate the company’s ability to perform in accordance with the Limitations on Subcontracting clause (FAR 52.219-14).
Proprietary information and trade secrets, if any, must be clearly marked on all materials. All information received that is marked Proprietary will be handled accordingly. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. All government and contractor personnel reviewing submitted responses will have signed non-disclosure agreements
and understand their responsibility for proper use and protection from unauthorized disclosure of proprietary information as described 41 USC 423. The Government shall not be held liable for any damages incurred if proprietary information is not properly identified.
Attachment B – Section J.7G CSO Phase II Orientation and Training Program
Attachment C – Statement of Work, Section C.12.4, CSO Phase II Orientation