This is a Sources Sought announcement only. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS, QUOTATIONS OR BIDS, NOR A PROPOSED SYNOPSIS OF A PROPOSED CONTRACT ACTION UNDER FAR SUBPART 5.2 and no contract shall be awarded from this notice. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this Sources Sought or any follow up information requests. No solicitation is currently available. Responses to this Sources Sought will shape the acquisition strategy in developing a competitive requirement.
The Columbia-Pacific Northwest Regional Office of the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation is conducting market research for a construction contract to perform:
The work consists of replacing the two sump pump systems pertaining to the dam drainage system located in Block 17, elevation 3044Â¿ to 3135Â¿.
1. Remove and dispose of existing dam drainage sump pump system.
2. Furnish and install new dam drainage submersible sump pump system.
3. Furnish and install all electrical for the new dam drainage submersible sump pump system.
The salient characteristics of the sump pumps are:
a. Rated condition: Minimum flow of no less than 500-gallons-per-minute at 100 feet total dynamic head utilizing a 6-inch discharge pipe.
b. Constructed of watertight corrosion resistant materials with stainless steel fasteners.
c. Internal check valve not allowed.
d. Pump and motor assembled as an integral unit.
e. Furnish non-clog type Hard-Iron impeller suitable for passing solids up to 1/2-inch diameter.
f. Furnish a debris catch for the pump assembly.
g. Furnish a 460-volt, 3 phase, 60 hertz, motor with thermal overload protection and automatic reset.
h. Furnish a 120-foot (minimum) oil-resistant, waterproof, internally grounded, type SO chloroprene power cord for connection to a NEMA 4X control panel.
This work includes disposal of materials that may contain asbestos and/or regulated metals.
Work is located at the Hungry Horse Powerplant approximately 20 miles northeast of Kalispell, Montana, in Flathead County. Hungry Horse Powerplant and Reservoir are on the South Fork of the Flathead River.
Sources are being sought for firms, of any size, with a North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code of 237110 Water and Sewer Line and Related Structures Construction, with a Small Business Size Standard of $39.5 Million. Small businesses are highly encouraged to respond to this sources sought notice. Responses are requested with the following information:
1. OfferorsÂ¿ name, address, DUNS number, points of contact with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
2. Business size/classification to include any designations as Small Business, HUBZone, Woman Owned Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, or 8(a).
3. Description of capabilities to meet the requirement stated above.
4. Description of three recent projects of similar size and scope within the last five years.
The anticipated magnitude of the requirement is estimated between $250,000 and $500,000.
Please respond by email only, send responses to the Contract Specialist, Scott Cooper, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Responses will be accepted until COB August 20, 2020.