Sources Sought for National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Weather Service (NWS), Office of the Observation (OBS) National Test Equipment Calibration
Disclaimer and Important Notes: This is a Sources Sought only. This is issued solely for information and planning purposes – it does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP), a Request for Quotation (RFQ), or an indication that the Government will contract for any of the items and/or services discussed in this notice. This Sources Sought is issued in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.215-3. Further, NOAA is not at this time seeking proposals or quotes and will not accept unsolicited proposals or quotes. The purpose of this notice is to:
- Determine if sources exist that are capable of satisfying the agency's requirements; and/or
- Determine if commercial items suitable to meet the agency's needs are available or could be modified to meet the agency's requirements
Submission of a response to this Sources Sought is entirely voluntary. The voluntary submission of a response to this Sources Sought shall not obligate NOAA to pay or entitle the submitter of information to claim any direct or indirect costs or charges or any other remuneration whatsoever. Further, no proposals or quotes are sought at this time. Respondents are advised that the Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this Sources Sought; all costs associated with responding to this Sources Sought will be solely at the potential respondent's expense. Not responding to this Sources Sought does not preclude participation in any future formal solicitation, if any is issued.
No telephone calls will be accepted requesting a solicitation. There is no solicitation at this time. In order to protect the integrity of any future procurement, additional information will not be given and no appointments for presentations will be made in reference to this Sources Sought.
Issuance of this notice does not constitute any obligation on the part of the Government to procure these items or to issue a solicitation. No proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in your response to this Sources Sought. If included, any information should be clearly marked as such. All information received shall be safeguarded from unauthorized disclosure.
NAICS Code: 811219 – Meteorological instrument repair and maintenance services.
This sought to source is to obtain updated market information on an expiring contract. The National Weather Service (NWS) Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) may then use the information to solicit to the general public In Accordance With (IAW) FAR Part 13.5 (b) Simplified Procedures for Certain Commercial Items for a competitive acquisitions. Therefore, this Sources Sought is to determine if there are interested contractors capable of effectively fulfilling the requirement. The Government may use the responses to determine if set-aside opportunities exist and assess tradeoffs in the best interest of the Government. Interested parties may submit a written response stating how they would fulfill the requirement and include appropriate documentation describing their experience for providing such services. The written response must provide sufficient detail to allow for an assessment by the Government without the need for additional information. This sought to source is accompanied by Attachment I; a draft Statement of Work (SOW) and Appendix II; the NWS Calibration Equipment list of item requiring calibration.
Interested parties are requested to describe their technical capabilities and demonstrated tools, processes, and service capabilities. All interested contractors are requested to provide written response to the questions below. A response to this Sources Sought is necessary in order to assist NWS in determining the potential levels of interest, adequacy of competition, and market maturity and technical capabilities within the business community to provide the required services. The Government may therefore utilize the information provided to refine its acquisition strategy to maximize competition among viable acquisition alternatives.
It is not the Government's intent to disclose vendor proprietary information and trade secrets to the public. The information submitted by vendors during the market research period may be used by the Government in preparing its solicitation and finalizing the SOW, provided this can be done without disclosing proprietary vendor information that is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act and other laws and regulations.
Provide a brief overview of the recommended commercial technical services and best practices that can meet the requirements in Attachment I.
- What technical services and practices would you apply to best meet the requirements in the attached draft SOW?
- Describe any technical issues or challenges you would foresee being encountered in the execution of the work described in this SOW.
- What staffing approach might be best suited for the listed diagnostic equipment calibration in monitoring and maintenance responsibilities described in the attached SOW?
- How would you provide effective, responsive support for the operational (i.e., mission critical and continuously operating) calibration described in this SOW?
- Does the attached draft SOW leave any significant areas of uncertainty where further clarification would be helpful? If so, please identify and describe what might be clarified.
Multiple or alternative approaches are welcome. Although this Sources Sought requests specific information, it is not intended to discourage innovative thinking on the part of industry to propose alternative solutions or approaches that the Government may not have considered.
Submission of Information: Interested parties are encouraged to submit a response per SOW requirements pertaining to calibration of equipment. If there are areas of the requirement that your company and/or perspective team cannot meet, please identify those areas in your response along with amplifying information as to why your team cannot meet the government’s request. Specifically, any interested parties are requested to provide the following information:
- Name of Company, address, DUNS number and Business Size
- Point of contact name, email, and phone number
- Positive statement of your interest in this procurement as a prime contractor.
- Description of your capabilities, qualifications, and experiences that might fill this requirement:
- Organized by the requirements areas listed above
- Do you currently have a contract with any other Federal Agency for this type of requirement?
- What experience does your company have as a prime contractor managing the efforts of one or more sub-contractors supporting a Federal Agency?
- Do you offer discounts to your customers?
- Describe your capabilities, knowledge and expertise in providing Diagnostic Instruments and how the instruments available meet the requirements/competencies per applicable regulations and the SOW.
- Is this the appropriate NAICS code?
- Identify any risks or impediments to successful performance of the requirements that you anticipate.
Responses are to be submitted electronically (including appendices, diagrams, and examples using one inch margins, and pages numbered consecutively). Submit responses electronically (using PDF, Microsoft Word, and/or excel) no later than 4:00 pm eastern, October 26, 2021. Please contact Contract Specialist: Shakir Shinaba at email@example.com with and direct questions regarding this Sources Sought notice.
The Government reserves the right to use any information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate, including using technical information provided by respondents in any resultant solicitation.
All data received in response to this Sources Sought notice that are marked or designated as corporate or proprietary information will be fully protected from release outside the Government. Proprietary information and trade secrets, if any, must be clearly marked on all materials. All information received that is marked Proprietary will be handled accordingly. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. The Government shall not be held liable for any damages incurred if proprietary information is not properly identified.
At this time no solicitation exists. Therefore, DO NOT REQUEST A COPY OF THE SOLICITATION. After a review of the responses received, a solicitation may be published on GSA eBuy website, https://www.ebuy.gsa.gov or SAM website, https://sam.gov/. It is the potential offeror's responsibility to monitor either website for release of any future solicitation that may result from this Sources Sought. Responses to this Sources Sought will not be considered adequate responses to any resultant solicitation.