The purpose of this Request for Information (RFI) is to obtain technical and/or business information and input from the marketplace for project planning purposes regarding the availability of existing or potential solutions for FDA nationwide dry ice for District Offices and Resident Posts. Additionally, in accordance with FAR Part 10 Market Research, the FDA will use this information to assess the market's capability to successfully meet FDA's requirements described in the attached draft statement of work, as well as determining vendor interest in the potential solicitation. Responses to this RFI are voluntary and FDA welcomes responses from all interested parties. The government anticipates establishing an ordering vehicle to acquire dry ice for nationwide FDA District Offices and Resident Posts, section Section 8 of the Statement of Work for locations.
FDA does not intend to select, decide or award a contract based on responses nor otherwise pay for the preparation of any information submitted or FDA's use of such information. Acknowledgement of receipt of responses will not be made, nor will respondents be notified of the outcome of the FDA's review of the information received. Additionally, the FDA does not intend to hold discussions concerning this RFI with any interested parties. However, FDA reserves the right to contact vendors if additional information is required.
The North American Industry Classification Code (NAICS Code) for this request is 325120.
Questions regarding this notice will not be accepted, considered, nor answered. Questions regarding the draft SOW (Question #2) will not be directly answered; however, will be considered in the event a solicitation is issued. Respondents will not receive individualized feedback on any suggestions. No basis for claims against the United States government shall arise as a result of a response to this request for information or from the United States government's use of such information. Proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should not be included in your response. The Federal Government reserves the right to use any non-proprietary technical information in any resultant solicitation(s). Responses should be emailed to Michael Gemmill, Michael.Gemmill@fda.hhs.gov no later than 1:00 PM Eastern Time, December 6, 2021. Please reference RFI #1246129 in the email title.
The government anticipates establishing contract(s) to acquire dry ice and applicable cooling containers as detailed in the attached draft SOW.
- Provide a brief corporate profile of your company to include the following:
- Organization's official name and dba name, if applicable
- Length of time the Organization has been in business
- Types of services provided by your Organization
- Types of clients by industry (i.e. Federal, Commercial, Local Government, etc.)
- Is the Organization U.S. based or International?
- DUNS number and CAGE number
- Organization’s website address
- Main point of contact name, phone number, and email address
- SBA size designation information and small business concern type (if applicable)
- Any subcontracting or partnership agreements
- Current SAM.gov registration
- Is the scope of the draft SOW clearly defined? Do you understand what FDA requires? If not, what information needs to be added, changed, and/or reworded in order to clarify the Government's requirements? Also list any assumptions that were used in the formulation of responses if not included in the response narrative.
- List your GSA schedule MAS that are applicable to the SOW and include the current period of performance as well as any and all future option periods. What, assuming all schedule option periods are exercised, is the final day of your company’s GSA Schedule’s If your GSA schedule will expire during the potential performance period listed in the draft SOW, the FDA will be unable to consider your company for solicitation and award. Provide GSA Schedule recertification date.
- List your GWAC (Government Wide Acquisition Contract) that are applicable to the SOW and include the current period of performance as well as any and all future option periods. What, assuming all schedule option periods are exercised, is the final day of your company’s GWAC. If your GWAC will expire during the potential performance period listed in the draft SOW, the FDA will be unable to consider your company for solicitation and award. Provide GWAC recertification date.
- FDA has 253 potential locations (listed in Section 8 of the SOW) across the U.S. that will require dry ice delivery to FDA dry ice location. What is the capability of your company to meet the SOW requirements on a nationwide (States and territories) What is your company’s capability based on regional level (see attached for regions) If your company does not operate in all regions, which regions does it operate in?
- If your company does not operate in one of the listed locations, do you have subcontracting or teaming agreements to fulfill the FDA orders or needs?
- What is your company’s capability to provide locations within XX miles of the FDA locations for pickup? on an as needed, weekly, and recurring delivery basis. Some of the locations require the ability to pick up dry ice as needed at a location near the designated office. As needed orders will need to be received within 24 hours. Can your company provide this wide range of services?
- Does your company currently deliver to any government facilities and if so what are you providing?
- Can your company provide dry ice in pellet and block form as well as provide cooler type containers for delivery and storage? Are there minimums? If so what are they?
- Does your company have the capability to obtain employees to enter FDA locations that can meet the security requirements? If so, please explain
- Does your company currently have a COVID vaccine plan in place? If so, is it in line with Executive Order 14042?
- What is your company’s capability to ship via UPS/FedEx? What is the turnaround timeframe?
- What is your company’s capabilities for electronic and monthly invoicing?
- What is your company’s online ordering system capability at a nationwide and/or regional level? If you have the online ordering system, what are the capabilities for a specific location to include placing orders “as needed”, adjust recurring deliveries and creating $$ limitations by government location?
- What is your company’s capability for credit card payments?