THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY. This notice does not constitute a commitment by the Government. All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary, and the Government will not pay for information requested nor will it compensate any respondent for any cost incurred in developing information provided to the Government.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS) is searching for firms who can provide Mid-Infrared (MIR) Spectroscopic Sensing Module with the following capabilities:
2.0-5.0 µm Fiber Spectrometer
- IR wavelength range: 2.0 – 5.0 µm / 2000 – 5000 cm-1
- High spectral resolution FWHM <= 6 cm-1
- High bit depth >= 16 bits
- High spectrum readout rate >= 400 Hz
- Exposure time: 11µs – 1 s
- Minimum input power at 3.7 µm at 1 s : 10 pW / nm (-80 dBm/nm)
- Saturation input power at 3.7 µm at 11 µs : 0.2 mW / nm (-7 dBm/nm)
- Optical input: 100-500 µm multimode fiber
- Polarization direction: Vertical
- Connection: 1 USB 3.0 port
- Light weight: 4.6 kg
- Small Physical dimensions (h × l × w): 110 mm × 310 mm × 200 mm
- Open Software Interface: Matlab and Python libraries
- Fibers out: 6 pcs w 500 µm core NA=0.30
- Fiber in: 1 pcs w 500 µm core NA=0.30
- Total fiber length: 1.5 m
- Optimal distance to sample: 10 mm
- Focusing Fiber Head size: ½” x ½” x 1”
- Fiber connections: SMA 905 connectors
Thermal MIR Fiber Light Source
- Optical output: >½ mW
- Fiber connection: SMA 905 connectors
- Light weight: < 1 kg
- Small Physical dimensions (h × l × w): 70 mm × 70 mm × 140 mm
As part of its market research, USDA ARS is issuing this Sources Sought to determine if there exist an adequate number of qualified interested contractors capable of providing the requirement. The Government may use the responses to this Sources Sought for information and planning purposes.
This Sources Sought is only for the purpose of identifying potential sources as part of USDA ARS market research. No Request for Quote (RFQ) exists; therefore, do not request a copy of the RFQ.
Responses to this Sources Sought are not quotes on which USDA ARS can issue any contract. This Sources Sought is issued for information and planning purposes only and does not itself constitute a RFQ. The Government does not intend to award a contract or BPAs based only on responses to this Sources Sought.
All information received in response to this Sources Sought marked "Proprietary" will be protected and handled accordingly. Interested parties are responsible for adequately marking proprietary or competition sensitive information contained in their response. Any response must provide information for the government to determine experience and capabilities in detail capabilities listed above. Additionally, firms are asked to provide their business size and DUNS number as well.
Responses to the Sources Sought will not be returned. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this Sources Sought. USDA ARS will not pay for information received in response to this Sources Sought.
Do not submit pricing information in response to this Sources Sought.
Please send responses with the subject heading “MIR Spectroscopic Sensing Module” Sources Sought to Claire Anderson at Claire.Anderson@usda.gov by September 15, 2021 by noon EST.