THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI), SOURCES SOUGHT (SS) ONLY.
This RFI/SS is issued solely for information and planning purposes. It does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFQ), Invitation for Bids (IFB) or a promise to issue a RFP in the future. The request does not commit the Government to contract for any supply or service nor does it intend to award a contract on the basis of this RFI/SS. Further, CBP is not seeking a RFP and will not accept any related unsolicited proposals. Responders are advised that the Government will not pay for any information or any administrative costs incurred in response to the RFI/SS. All associated costs will be solely at the responding party’s expense. Information and materials provided in response to this RFI/SS will not be returned. No unsolicited proposals related to this RFI/SS will be accepted. Classified information is not required and shall not be submitted. Not responding to the RFI/SS will not preclude participation in any future solicitation, if one is issued. Based on the response to this RFI/SS, a determination to compete or not to compete a future procurement is solely within the discretion of the U.S. Government.
The responses shall address the company’s experience and capabilities supporting tire purchasing and distribution on a national level. Respondents are required to review our requirement information and submit its capability statements via email. The submission shall be made to the Contract Specialist (CS) Rosie Zaragoza at ROSIE.ZARAGOZA@CBP.DHS.GOV . Respondent capability submission should include:
1. Company’s name
2. Company address
3. Point(s) of contact (name, title, e-mail, and phone number)
4. Business type and size (manufacturer or distributor, small or large business)
5. List services supported by matching name, type, and description, as described.
All information received will be treated as public knowledge; therefore, vendors should not submit proprietary information in response to this RFI/SS.
The submitted information will be used for planning purposes only assisting The National Fleet Management in determining industry capabilities for a robust and efficient tire purchasing distribution and management platform on a national level. The National Fleet Management personnel will make determination as to suitability.
The requirement for The National Fleet Management is that these services shall comply with the CWR Directive, No. 5225-03and meet the following:
- Demonstrable national distribution, logistics and supply chain capability
- Provide a national tire purchasing platform
- Offer multiple tire manufacturers to choose from
- Ensure distribution centers are able to support 2 calendar day delivery
- Reduce personnel time in completing tire purchases by using an automated system
- Support multiple accounts supporting multiple simultaneous purchases nationwide
- Provide a purchasing platform that supports reporting on a sector and national level with data export capabilities
- Provide details on payment system and its compatibility with CBP purchase cards
- Provide the ability to conduct a comparative analysis between multiple tires simultaneously
- Provide real time inventory updates for each tire and delivery dates/time and options
- Provide a detailed, consistent, readily available, and accurate data on the number, location, type, and cost of tires purchased
- Provide detailed information regarding factors affecting price discounts and the anticipated discount ranges for each factor.