SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS
THIS IS A Sources Sought Notice ONLY. The U.S. Government desires to procure the Centrifuges on a small business set-aside basis, provided 2 or more qualified small businesses respond to this sources sought synopsis with information sufficient to support a set-aside. Your responses to the information requested will assist the Government in determining the appropriate acquisition method, including whether a set-aside is possible. We encourage all small business concerns, in all socioeconomic categories (including, 8(a) Business Development Program, Small Disadvantage Business, Historically Underutilized Business Zone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Owned Small Business concerns), to identify their capabilities in meeting the requirement at a fair market price.
This notice is issued solely for information and planning purposes – it does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ)/Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ, IFB or RFP in the future. This notice does not commit the U.S. Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, the U.S. Government is not seeking quotes, bids or proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this sources sought notice. The U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice. Submittals will not be returned to the responder. Not responding to this notice does not preclude participation in any future RFQ or IFB or RFP, if any is issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Government wide Point of Entry. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor the Government wide Point of Entry for additional information pertaining to this requirement. The anticipated NAICS code(s) is 334516 – Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing, Size Standard: 1,000EM.
A continuing need is anticipated for the Centrifuges which is currently being fulfilled through current contract number W91249-19-F-0078 and is 100% total Small Business Set-aside.
- Thermomixer C ENA USACIL CODIS Eppendorf, base device without thermoblock, Mfc # 5382000023 quantity 2
- SmartBlock 2.0ml USACIL CODIS Eppendorf, thermoblock for 24 reaction vessels 2.0ml, including transfer rack 1.5/2.0ml. Mfc# 5362000035 quantity 2
- Thermomixer C ENA USACIL DNA Eppendorf, base device without thermoblock, Mfc # 5382000023 quantity 29
- SmartBlock 2.0ml USACIL DNA Eppendorf, thermoblock for 24 reaction vessels 2.0ml, including transfer rack 1.5/2.0ml. Mfc# 5362000035 quantity 29
- Centrifuge 5425 USACIL DNA Eppendorf, Model 5425 keypad control with Rotor FA 24×2 including aerosol tight Quicklock lid. Mfc #5405000042 quantity 2
- Vacuum Concentrator FXD DNA Eppendorf, Vacufudge Concentrator completed system 110v, for use with 1.5 to 2.0ml tubes. Mfc #022820109 quantity 2
- Rotor A-2 MTP FXD DNA Eppendorf, incl. wind shield and rotor lid, with 2 buckets. Mfc #022654403 quantity 3
- Thermomixer C ENA FXD DNA Eppendorf, base device without thermoblock, Mfc # 5382000023 quantity 6
- SmartBlock PCR96 FXD DNA Eppendorf, thermoblock for PCR plates 96, including lid. MFc# 530600006 quantity 6
- ThermoTop FXD DNA Eppendorf, with condens., temperature control and mixing 44518, accessories 44520. Mfc #5308000003 quantity 6
- SmartBlock 2.0ml FXD DNA Eppendorf, thermoblock for 24 reaction vessels 2.0ml, including transfer rack 1.5/2.0ml. Mfc# 5362000035 quantity 6
- Centrifuge 5430 FXD DNA Eppendorf, Model 5430 keypad, non-refrigerated, with Roto FA-45-48-11 incl. rotor lid. Mfc# 02262053 quantity 3
- Centrifuge 5425 Eppendorf USACIL CODIS Model 5425 keypad control with Rotor FA 24×2 including aerosol tight Quicklock lid. Mfc #5405000042 quantity 4
In response to this sources sought, please provide:
1. Name of the firm, point of contact, phone number, email address, DUNS number, CAGE code, a statement regarding small business status (including small business type(s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.) and the corresponding NAICS code. If the company has a GSA Schedule provide the schedule number.
2. Identify whether your firm is interested in competing for this requirement as a prime contractor or not. Identify subcontracting, joint ventures or teaming arrangement that will be pursued, if any.
3. Identify what percentage of work will be performed by the small business prime contractor and all similarly situated entity subcontractors. Note: In accordance with FAR 52.219-14 Limitations on Subcontracting (DEVIATION 2020-O0008) “Similarly situated entity” means a first-tier subcontractor, including an independent contractor, that has the same small business program status as that which qualified the prime contractor for the award and that is considered small for the NAICS code the prime contractor assigned to the subcontract the subcontractor will perform. An example of a similarly situated entity is a first-tier subcontractor that is a HUBZone small business concern for a HUBZone set-aside.
4. Identify type(s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.) of the proposed subcontractors.
5. Information in sufficient detail regarding equipment (indicate whether it's exact or similar) on similar requirements (include description, part number, complexity, compatibility, timeframe, government or commercial), pertinent certifications required to operated, etc., that will facilitate making a capability determination.
6. Identify how the Army can best structure these contract requirements to facilitate competition by and among small business concerns.
7. Recommendations to improve the approach/specifications/draft PWS/PRS to acquiring the identified items/services.
8. Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition. Please contact the MICC Contracting Specialist, Archina Twitty, at email@example.com, if you believe that this action is unreasonably restricting competition. Include the subject of the acquisition, this announcement, and the MICC POC information from the Beta Sam notice. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.